Our location is one block south of Addison Street. In 1966 the electric trolley bus continues to run on Central Avenue, as it has since 1930. The street is lined with various small businesses and the occasional apartment building. The light-colored building partially visible on the left is the new Northwest Hospital.
Today the trolley buses are long-gone from Central. Northwest Hospital became John F. Kennedy Hospital for a while, and is now part of the Resurrection Health Care conglomerate. The buildings along the west (left) side of Central are all part of the medical complex.